View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 03:56 AM

Default Re: Successful installation of 7.4LE on Leopard(OS X 10.5).

Further Adventures in Leopard Land

As well as having a Digi002r, I also own an Mbox mini, which is USB. I tested the PT7.4 installation on my leopardised MacBook Pro and it appears to run fine.

So I got all adventurous and decided to put Leopard onto my Dual 1.8 G5. This was a little more interesting.

I re-installed PT7.4 once Leopard was installed to make sure everything was in the right place having done an archive and install on the G5.
When I ran PT, it fell over at the point it tried to load DigiReWire.dpm. This file resides here:
Macintosh HD>Library>Application Support>Digidesign>Plug Ins/
I dragged the DigiReWire.dpm to the desktop and tried again.
This time PT loaded but threw up an error regarding my UAD card. However, when I loaded a song, everything seemed to be working. Once again I needed to raise the buffer to 1024 but it played through fine.

So, my observations regarding PT7.4 running on Leopard so far are these:
PT7.4 seems to have fixed the firewire i/face not playing issue of 7.3 under Leopard.
DigiReWire.dpm seems to work fine on an Intel system but not on a PowerPC system. Note I haven't tested this on the MBP. It just loads OK.
I would say there is no way that PT is optimised for use on Leopard although it feels snappier. This is true generally of Leopard, I've found.

My advice is that if you make your living using PT, don't even think about it until Digi give the word. Stay with 10.4. For those of us who don't, then sure, go ahead an play but expect the best experience once Digi have qualified Leopard.

Best

John