View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 12:51 PM

Default Re: Elastic Audio sonic quality

Quote:
Originally Posted by italianguitar View Post
hi everybody, yes PT8 works great with drums,bass and rhythmical instruments.I does have still some problems with the "coda" of the sound of acoustic guitars,keyboards and pads....Personally I believe that for a professional result you should ask the musicians to play better and better untill you have a very good result....then you can easily move bits and bobs where needed using warp and moving every single note...it takes time but you get the good sound.
Another trick I often use is to record long codas for every chord of the song from guitarist-pianist and all the instrument which I think they will not work using EA...think the last chord of the song....I make 3 of those, long, medium and short.
I can import those "codas"later into the track to adjust the lenght of the chords I edited with EA with no great results.I put just the end of the chords and I then fade it as needed.
cheers from london
enrico
Making long, short, medium chords is a great idea. Like you said, it would be better if the musicians just played them correctly, but I find most musicians I work with want me to fix everything. I tell most people I am an editor now, instead of an engineer.
EA has some bugs, but the plugin has something to do with the quality.
I use Waves, and Xform, but Xform takes foooooorrrrreeeeevvvvveeeerrr.