View Single Post
Old 10-02-2017, 01:01 PM

Default Best Thunderbolt Interface?

Having used an early 2008 iMac with 11R as my interface until present day and finding increased error messages, clitches and pops disrupting my recording I've now decided to upgrade my system to a 2017 iMac (SSD Drive) http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=384114&page=4 running PT12 with Universal Audio Apollo Twin Duo MKII as my interface.

I had narrowed down my choice of interface to the Focusrite Clarett 4 Pre or the Apollo because of budget and their reknowned pre amps (very important for me to have a good pre amp for vocals after using the 11R).

However looking at just about every review of both interfaces I've decided to pay the extra and go with the Apollo due to unison technology. It was a tough decision for me though as I really did like the air effect, two headphone inputs, plus the seemingly easier work flow of the Focusrite.

I will only be recording one instrument at a time (mainly guitar, bass, vocals and keyboards) as I use EZ Drummer and Strike for my beats.

So I was wondering if any of you have been using either of these interfaces, or anything else with thunderbolt connection and what were your experiences ?

Last edited by Sting; 10-02-2017 at 01:14 PM.