View Single Post
Old 12-08-2020, 02:49 PM

Default Re: So, no renewal. We stay at 2020.

Nuendo/Cubase feel clunky to me. When they went away from VST they lost me because I had already started working using Pro Tools. I can see some advantages if music was the only thing someone needs to do. But working with picture no way. It's just too rigid for me. Last Cubase I had was 4. As far as I can tell Cubase is to Nuendo what Standard is to Ultimate. I need surround capability and to work with multiple videos per session. Running 7.1.2 right now about to make it 7.1.4. I don't even know where other DAWs stand in the immersive space.

And for whomever referred to me as an ideal client for Avid, I disagree. The companies I work for are. I feel obligated to keep my personal system equivalent to other rooms I may work in, in some cases my capabilities are beyond those. But that's on me. I put together my first TDM system on the cheap and bought Pro Tools for $200 (v7.3) then upgraded to 8 for $250. Those were the days when you could actually get support on the phone. Now I can but it costs me $400 a year. Which honestly has come in handy for the first time in years recently. I am not happy about the subscription scheme but when you do business there are always costs associated with that and sometimes you need to pay the cost to do business. It is a bit mafioso but I use this stuff because it works and I really know it.

Last edited by CygnusX-1Bk2; 12-08-2020 at 03:11 PM.