View Single Post
Old 01-29-2020, 01:24 PM

Default Re: Pulsing sound when playing midi instruments

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyHeat View Post
I tried to attach a recording of the sound however it is not allowed. The sound does not appear when the session is bounced to a .wav file. the pulse is like static and not consistent. if all tracks are muted there is no pulsing. If i only have the click track on the static is present with the click.
Here is a link to the sound
https://soundcloud.com/johnny-heaton...ic-pulse-in-pt
Made by playing a note via midi and recording the speaker with my phone recorder.
Yes, what VI etc. (we are assuming you are playing MIDI through a VI not recording an outboard MIDI instrument... but you need to really describe what you are doing).

For your recording was the transport in wait for MIDI? or running before you hit the note?

When in doubt simplify: Try starting with a new totally empty session and create just one track you are playing MIDI into that same VI.. what happens?

This could something as simple as a click track driving though some plugin. The pulsing sounds like a 4/4 click track driving something like a VCO.

Things may not have been bounced to disk if they were not select them as a bounce source. Is that a possibility? But again/ Do a one track test in a new session.