View Single Post
Old 12-03-2017, 04:02 AM

Default Re: ProTools First doesn't detect my Apollo Twin USB, and an error message issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Hey

Can you try to install the next version of PT from 12.8.2 and see if that does anything for you, we have used Apollo hardware since 2012 and it works great.i work with several home studio producers and writers who use the UA hardware with Windows 7 and 10 without any problems at all. I am NOT saying that to contradict your problems, just stating the fact it does work with other systms so lets see of we can't get this working.

Something is wrong, we know that and The Apollo software drivers are second to none. One of the most stable core audio drivers out today so they should not stop PT from working on a brand new setup.

Can you try 12.8.1 for example from your Avid Master Account and install that to see if there is something wrong in the 12.8.2 version with UA or Avid.

Let us know how you get on so we can assist further. If and when you tested this depending in the result I will escalate to Avid Techs and see what they think and I am fairly certain they would ask to try atleast one other PT12 version to verify if that works or not. Thanks
Thank you for getting back to me here, this is the sort of answer I have been waiting for! I thought of it and would love to try older versions of PT First, but I looked and couldn't find where to download them. Under Avid -> My account -> My products and Subscriptions, I can only see download links to the latest version. Can you point me to where I can get an earlier version?

Also, would I need to uninstall or erase anything else (like the program preferences in the AppData directory) before I install an earlier version?