View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 05:54 PM

Default Error: "Pro Tools cannot be put online while in loop play or loop record mode."

I'll be editing a track, zooming in and out, scrolling around (thanks to Shan's horizontal fix!), when all of a sudden I get this error when trying to play the track:

"Pro Tools cannot be put online while in loop play or loop record mode."

Once I get that, I have to restart PT in order to play the song or even move the selection on the track. I can move the playback location by clicking up above the wave forms in the edit window, but I cannot do so by clicking ON the wave forms. Nothing happens when I do that. If I hit space to play back, I get the error. If I try to click play, the play button flashes green while the stop button stays blue. If I click on the "online" button to the left of the Stop button, I get that error message again (though I never use that button on purpose).

Anyone ever seen this? Know how to fix it? It seems to be happening a few times an hour... not a great way to get work done!