View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 12:49 PM

Default Re: HELP, Cant Install PT9 or get working- NEW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidian Dragon View Post
Sorry for your bad experience and frustration.

Thanks for the kind words:

First off I see you mentioned:

"When I ran Hard Disk optimizer, I got this error:

I did the hard disk optimizations
Ran as admin
error applying attributes: C: program files/commo... / alphebt.xml access denied.

That would indicate something didn't get installed or set properly in my opinion.

YES, that is what i thought. When I did have tech on my computer, i addressed that, and he didn't think that was the problem, I still uninstalled and started over because of that error.

Secondly I don't see a second hard drive on the list. Protools should be used with a second hard drive for the session and audio files. The reasoning is that the OS and the Protools application on the system drive are constantly putting demands on the drive that interferes with a smooth data flow for multitrack audio streaming needed for Protools audio.

I agree, I also addressed that with the tech, and he assured me that it was not necessary to just get the unit going in basic mode to even test the demo it came with.

Thirdly: It is recommended to set the playback engine to use one less than the total number or processor cores you have. This sounds counter-intuitive but it really leaves some processor power to be available for OS activities and non-realtime processing. You don't want to dedicate all the processors only to realtime processing. Since you have a quad core i7, try setting the number or processors to 3 instead of 4.

I have not been able to even get to this point. It is "unable to locate hardware" now with the new firewire card they had me buy. There was a "noise" in the unit when I did get it online prior to installing the new firewire card. Not any normal sound, more like a error zzzz electric. Not a sound I have heard in the studio. ..And... Device manager shows my IEEE correctly and shows "Avid MBox Pro" in the Sound, vid controllers.

That is my 2 cents but #1 seems to be the biggest culrpit that is causing your problems. Have faith as Protools does work on some systems and therefore is capable of working. Admittedly Protools is very picky about hardware and system configurations so it will take patients and time.

Good luck.
I will try to have faith, but the tech went over my system with a fine tooth comb and was on my computer and saw my whole setup. I have friends with a pro setup with protools but not the mbox. SO, I am on my own. I don't have much choice at this point but to return it as defective. Maybe I could order from Sweetwater or somewhere local where I have support. Anyone experienced with sweetwater support let me know.

AND STILL NO CALL AVID!Almost end of day EST.