View Single Post
Old 03-03-2020, 09:02 AM

Default Re: Auto-enable all parameters of ALL plug-ins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by its2loud View Post
I don’t know of a global command but if you are using an S6 with at least v19.5 software you can do this.

Func Switch to Enable All Plug-In Automation
(Pro Tools Only)
Pressing the Func switch on a CPM enables automation for all controls in that strip’s currently focused EQ, Dyn, or Insert function.
In addition:
• When a plug-in is spilled to encoders, press and hold Control-Option-Command (Mac) or Control-Alt-Start (Win) and touch the knob for any parameter to toggle its individual automation enable state.
• When in Inserts view (top level), press and hold Control-Option-Command (Mac) or Control-Alt-Start (Win) and press the In switch next to the desired plug-in knob top (such as the knob or slot showing EQ3-7Bnd) to toggle automation enable of all controls in the corresponding plug-in on/off.

I haven’t tried this but maybe adding a modifier key (option+shift) in addition to above will be a sudo “do to all”. Worth a shot.
Thank you! This is working on S3/Dock, but it's not working the way Jeff wrote it in the S6 PDF. Control-Option-Command/IN enables all parameters on all of the plug-ins in that insert row across the session (for example all the plugs in 'b'). So I still have to do each insert row. Nevertheless, that would have saved me some time.

Adding shift does it to only the selected tracks (as expected). Hitting the all insert In on the Dock doesn't do anything except bypass. Bummer, that would have been the truly global way to do it.