View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 05:02 PM

Default Re: So what's the chances of another Expansion pack in the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vercingetorix View Post
Well, yes perhaps where you live but down here in Oz I calculated 20 updates before I reached Axe FX Ultra territory new. And since there is still no word on the pricing of the Axe FX II it might even be considerably more. And even 2nd hand I'd be looking at around 4-5. And there will be no more major updates for the Axe FX Standard, according to the High Priest Cliff Chase, it's reached it's limit.

Still I do agree, I don't think we could expect anymore than 3. But if they were to add around the same amount of features and quality, well, I'd gladly fork over the cash.
I know what you mean. However, the 11R can only really be compared to the original AxeFX Standard, not the AxeFX II - just not a fair comparison at all (the II is over £2200 here, and has much more powerful DSP etc). I do believe that Cliff said he'd add updates to the original units where possible (ie where they're capable of handling the processing required).

Of course, it's unlikely that I'd ever get a Fractal unit, because the interface isn't exactly suited to quick adjustments at a gig.

I'm actually quite curious as to how much storage space the 11R has for additional models etc, though.