View Single Post
Old 04-28-2014, 02:50 AM

Default System 5 MC Pro Trackball Not Working!

Hi All,
System 5 trackball mouse no longer responds to movement of the trackball, in either the System 5 desk nor the Mac computer in Pro Tools or any other application. I've tried multiple restarts "bring up Pro Tools first then start the System 5 MC software". It all started when both the S5 and the Mac froze up and neither would respond to any kind of command. I let it sit for approximately 10 minutes and shut everything down by turning off the power. Let it sit for about 5 minutes and powered up again. Still no mouse. Everything works including the keyboard, just not the trackball mouse, nor any of the buttons or the wheel around the ball. Seems kind of strange to loose just the trackball. Hope you all have some ideas cause right now I'm unable to do multiple track selection, either with the shift key or the command key with the wireless trackpad I'm using. Basically any key command that requires the mouse along with it does not work. I'm thinking that I'm going to need a new trackball for the System 5. Thoughts?

Help would be gratefully appreciated.
Thayne