View Single Post
Old 12-17-1999, 09:56 PM

Default need help from somebody running expanded system

Hi there,
I recently went into a venture with 2 clients who wanted to build a large system that would never leave them wishing for more. of course that is always an impossible dream, but what they really wanted was a system capable of taking a project from beginning to end. We are in Nashville where great studios and beautiful large format consoles abound and this decision is pretty gutsy. What we built was a G4 400, Glyph Trip, Mix Plus, 4 mix farm cards, atto, dds4, ad8000, 888/24, procontrol, fader pack, 2 flat monitors, and so on. We've had the system up and running for a couple of months now and have spent many hours on it. We've completed a mix project and are in the middle of a second. both of which are major nashville albums. I'm quite experienced in dealing with these systems having 3 solid years of experience making my living on it, but sometimes I run into problems i just can't fix. My clients and I have decided that it would be very beneficial to start a give and take friendship with some other users who have been running large systems on real projects that have deadlines, budgets, and careers at stake. I'd rather not say who the clients are at this time, but if you're doing something similar to what we're doing, I'd love to have a conversation with you. I'm quite sure that nobody in Nashville aside from some gospel acts are using protools in the way we are and i already have to answer enough of their questions. I'd prefer to talk to somebody from the west coast or another large market. I can say that my clients are both well known music row professionals as both engineers and producers. I'll hope to hear from somebody soon. thanks.
--Shawn O. Simpson
Nashville, TN

[email protected]