View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 11:15 AM

Default Re: please recommend an EQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by oreo1 View Post
1. An EQ that will absolutely cut out all frequencies outside of a very specific range, that I set. ....

2. A plugin that lets me compare two sound samples by frequency and/or amplitude parameters that I set....
AFA eq goes, here's a couple thoughts; Metric Halo's Channelstrip has a bandpass filter with arbitrarily sharp Q - this may work for you, though you may not be able to get the sides sharp enough. DUY has a product called Magic Spectrum, or something like that, that I believe allows you to construct a very precise EQ curve of arbitrary shape - perhaps worth a look. Steven St. Croix's IntelliQ would have been perfect for this, but it's no longer made, and I don't know of anyone using the technology (though it looks like the DUY may do the same thing). SoundToys' Filter Freak has a band pass mode and you can vary the number of poles for sharpness, and also lets you create some fairly unusual filters - perhaps worth a look.

Hope that helps,
rich

----------------------------------------
Mac Studio / Ventura, PT 2023.12.HDX, Avid HD I/Os and Metric Halo ULN8, 3xS1/Dock
Also running a Mac Studio Ultra / Ventura / HDX / MTRX / S6