View Single Post
Old 04-11-2009, 10:39 AM

Default Pro Tools 8 Problem All tracks are selected for everything in edit window.

Please assist, if anyone here knows about this issue. I am in PT 8 HD. CS2. And my selector, or any tools in the edit window is defaulted to select all tracks. Its irritating me to death. I can't figure out how to get my selector, or whatever tool just to work on one individual track not the entire session. its acting like I pushed "shift" and selected on all my tracks so that I can (for example) resize all of the tracks to medium at the same time. If I high light something in the edit window. It highlights all the tracks. If I select or cut something. It draws a straight line up the entire session edit window and to every track. How do I get it back to working only on one track?

I never intentionally selected whatever feature this is. I have been on Pro Tools for a while. I don't have a clue what is going on. Its like every track is stuck at be "selected all". If I do anything in the edit window. Every track is effected by it.

I am serioulsy about to ditch Pro Tools 8 and head back to 7.4 where it was headache free for me. This is the cherry on top of many issues with Pro Tools 8. Sick of all time I waste trying to make Pro Tools 8 work. URGGGG.