Thread: Falcon 2
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2019, 05:51 AM

Default Re: Falcon 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
For Donald M:
If you want to see what Falcon can do with playing back audio like I mentioned about using the fx in Falcon take a look at this video for Mach Five 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEJiH3rVFB8
Granted it's showing the MOTU program but keep in mind what I wrote above - same people wrote both programs. And right now the Falcon engine is cleaner than the MOTU variant. So yeah it's a workaround but at least it's a way to use Falcon's fx on audio not generated by one of Falcon's internals. Not to say it won't have a drain on cpu power but it's a way to do what you asked about.

As for me I'm going for Falcon 2 as soon as I get figured out what I've been talking about in this thread. Yeah I've got Kontakt 5 but with their staffing issues I need a stable sampler/synth. Also keep in mind that UVI is not charging people for this update that already own Falcon no matter when you purchased it. Imagine that - free lifetime upgrades?

edit for additional:
Audio Deluxe is not discounting Falcon 2 - it's still $244 when logged in and in one's shopping cart.

Thanks for all the extra info Jack. Very helpful to know. Yeah, I figured importing an audio track as a sample to use Falcon's fx on a track was always an option. It'd just be nice to be able to input the audio directly to just use the FX when you want/need them. As I mentioned before, with Serum, you get the FX rack as a separate plugin. With Transfuser, you can instantiate it as a plugin on an audio track and then use their "Audio" module to run the sound through Transfuser and use whatever fx you want. I've used that a bit to add Transfuser's beatcutter effect, along with some other things.

As you know, some VI's out there really do have some nice sounding creative fx. It'd be nice if more allowed access to the fx like Serum or Transfuser. Omnisphere is another one with great fx, but no way to access apart from inside Omni.

Oh well...one can dream