View Single Post
Old 02-01-2010, 07:32 PM

Default Cross platform sessions...

I'm looking for some advice on a situation that has come up. A friend of my is looking to release his EP, it is primarily electronic with heavy synths and VI's. He would like to transpose all of these sounds into organic instruments i.e. guitar, bass, drums etc. with effects on top of them to achieve similar tones. He is using fruity loops right now but would like to put it onto my pro tools system. So here's my question:

What is the best way to get his FL Studio sessions into PTLE? We share all the same VI's more or less so i would like to be able to have his session in PT so i can isolate sounds and then record instruments into that sessions and one by one replace all of his VI instruments.

Can he export his tracks in FL Studio as midi files and will they include the time stamp, tempo, meter etc. when imported into pro tools given that the same plugins are available in my PT setup?

And one last question, is this even the best option? We are both running PC's here but I have PTLE and he has FLStudio. To get the most out of this situation would it be best to have the sessions redone in PT, given that he wants to mix and master this a almost pro level, bare in mind it is and EP, but we do want it to sound as good as possible...

Any input on this matter is appreciated, Thank you o great DOC!