View Single Post
Old 08-01-2020, 03:27 AM

Default 33 day countdown! Time to stick?

I've been a long time Pro Tools user. I bought pretty much every version since v5. In fact, at one time I was paying for the updates of both the TDM and LE versions! Since the TDM rig went I have stuck with vanilla.

Anyhow, I've been thinking about my options for a long time. The yearly Avid tax was more than enough at nearly £100. When it went up to £200 I thought it was time to leave. I purchased another upgrade before the price doubling and that took me to September of this year.

The updates I have received in the last year or so have confirmed what I suspected. Sure, folders is nice but I can't bring to mind much else save a slew of bug fixes. The later are not inconsequential. Pro Tools is the most stable it has been for a good many years. However, I of course do not wish to pay £200 a year to fix things which don't work as they should.

As I have said repeatedly, for £200 I can buy Logic Pro X and receive free updates until a new major version arrives. That money is far better spent elsewhere. Sure I love Pro Tools but it is probably time to stick with what I have, even bearing in mind the punitive policies Avid have in place to return to the fold?

Stephen

https://www.waves.com/r/djgsi6