View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013, 10:01 AM

Default More on iLok and 30 day trial of Pro Tools 10

As mentioned in a thread last year and also recently, I had trouble last April trying to get a free trial of Pro Tools 10. I never could get the iLok to work to get the download of PT 10. However, the iLok treated it as if I had the download and had completed the 30 day trial. In 30 days it said the trial period had expired even though I never even got the download, much lees installed it. So, thanks to these technical glitches I missed the free trial of PT 10.

Recently I tried to get the free download again. I have another thread here that helped me get through the iLok process to actually get the PT 10 download. It took about 4 hours for each part.

So, after hours and hours I finally got the PT10 download. I tried to install it but had to uninstall PT 9 first. So I did that. Then I installed PT 10. However, the same iLok that let me download it blocked me from opening the installed PT 10 program and actually using it. I tried several things, none of which worked.

Finally, I emailed iLok and explained the situation and asked if they could cut through all this nonsense and fix it so I could try PT 10. I heard back from them today and they said:

Hello,

I'm sorry, I cannot reenable an expired trial license. Please contact Avid, they may be able to give you a timed 30-day license.

Best Regards,
J. Mack
iLok.com Technical Support
<http://www.ilok.com>

Ok, so here we are again. If anyone from Avid reads this can you please forward this to the person who can fix it so I can use PT 10 for 30 days? I've uninstalled PT 9 and now can't use any of it. This crap with iLok has really gotten old with me. Why would you even involve them with a free trial anyway?