View Single Post
Old 01-19-2009, 08:55 PM

Default DAE error -1115 PT8

I keep getting random -1115 errors, but only on booting up PT8. Once I get it booted, it's good. Getting it booted is a pain. It usually happens once, then I might go for a several days or a week before it happens again. Then to get the rig to boot, I usually have to do a dance of pref dumping, several restarts, permission repair and on several occasions I went as far as running Leopard cache cleaner. Sometimes it works after one reboot. Other times I have to reboot 3 or 4 times. Sometimes it's in conjunction with a "can't find an audio interface" message, where it doesn't see the 192. I went for while without the error until yesterday. I did all the usual stuff plus I reseated the cards in the magma and all the cables to and from the magma and the 192. Then I got it up and running. It booted fine earlier today until this evening, when I came back to the studio and booted up, then I got the error again.

I've run digitest several times - both cards check out fine. I did a ram check - ok there too.
What else would be causing this?? Firewire drives?

'08 8 core 2.8 14 gigs of ram, 10.5.5
Magma PE6 chassis, HD2, 192