View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 10:38 AM

Default Help - MBox Pro misbehaving after updates

I have an MBox 3 Pro which I purchased from the local dealer in January 2012. It worked fine for the first twelve months or so.

A couple of months ago I downloaded the 1.0.19 driver update and installed it after uninstalling the old version which was delivered with the MBox Pro. On restarting the PC nothing worked and it could not be seen in the device manager. I could not get it to work at all. Restarting the PC and MBox did not work and restarting the MBox monitor service did not work.

I removed the new driver and reinstalled the original driver. The interface came back to life but worked only intermittently and I noticed that the firmware was still 1.03 (not sure what the original was, 1.02 I think).

As a last resort I downloaded the 1.0.19 driver again making sure the first copy was overwritten. I installed the new drivers and the box came back to life, worked for five minutes and then disconnected itself with similar results - nothing I did could make it work. The next time I started the PC, a day later, lo and behold it worked again and remained working for some time (> 1 hour) and then disconnected itself and once again could not be revived. Sometimes it will work without stopping and other times I have to turn off the MBox Pro, leave it off for a while and turn it back on. Very rarely, restarting the MBox Monitor service works.

I have made sure that all the latest drivers are installed for graphics and Firewire.

Any ideas welcome.