View Single Post
Old 10-10-2007, 08:54 AM

Default Re: audiosuite preview / workspace preview fixed in 7.4?

Quote:
Hi Crizdee, thanks for the reply.

I have trashed all the databases, and on occasion that makes an improvement for a few minutes or hours, but the problem always creeps back in within a day usually.

I have 2gb RAM. I've been keeping an eye on Activity Monitor during the freezes, and PT is never taking more than 1.5gb or so of RAM, and I try to have NOTHING but PT open... Of course if more RAM might solve this problem I would be more than happy to give it a try.

I have anecdotal confirmation from a few other studios that they are seeing similar, thought not identical, behavior... You are right that it doesn't seem to be a major problem for most users, but given Digi's acknowledgment, its clear to me that they could improve how the preview works...
Hi,

One more thing i thought of: are the files you are audiosuite processing on an internal hard drive? and are the files you are previewing in workspace also on an internal drive?

Or are any of your drive's connected to a USB bus with a HUB on etc, as this will vastly slow down the access speed.

One thing that might be worth doing is, in your workspace, set all your drives that are not being used to record to, to T in the audio and video column! it might help, not sure!!!

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.