View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012, 09:47 AM

Default Re: Mic In Interface can not be selected

I am truly grateful to you for responding. Thanks for the help, I clearly need it. The only part that baffles me is that it all worked fine out of the box. Like perfectly fine. I was able to record vocals and instruments with out issue for a few weeks. Once it randomly stopped working, I thought I damaged the Mbox so I replaced that and the USB cable and have re-installed pro tools and the Mbox drivers, ran disc utilities, installed pro tools on another sign on, downloaded the Avid update pro tools 8.0.5 for OS X and ran through every possible bit of trouble shooting info out there. I will say that I am unhappy with the non-existent "customer support" that Avid offers. I have asked here, where a moderator has blatantly ignored requests for help, sat on the phone on hold with Avid for over an hour until I was hung up on and never got through to a representative and tried to use the resources listed on Avid's website for a product that I bought within the last year(September, to be exact) that is no longer supported. (Trouble shooting page 404's ) That is shoddy customer care. Apple stayed on the phone with me for hours and tried to help me troubleshoot my issue until we exhausted every option. If I had any confidence that Avid would stand behind their product, I would gladly upgrade to Pro Tools 10, but I am worried that I will still have the same or similar issues and continue to piss money away with a company that could give a [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep] less if I can use the expensive products they sell. Avid the moderator, if you're reading, please respond.