View Single Post
Old 09-21-2010, 05:32 AM

Default Fuzzy\distorted playback of recorded audio.

Hey guys,

I'm having abit of difficult with the new Windows 7 drivers. Everything at last works! I can use my m-box 2 as my default playback device, run Cubase or Pro Tools without out any issues (or none that I've found yet).

Anyway I decided to start working on a song in Cubase, everythings been fine up untill the point I decided to record my guitar.

I've got my guitar D.Ied in the back of my M-box, when I set up the channel and listen to what I'm playing it sounds absolutely fine. However Once I record it and play it back it sounds fuzzy\distorted and out of tune, abit robotic.

It's really fruhstrating because it records and plays back fine in Pro Tools just not Cubase.

I've tried changing the buffer size which doesnt work unless I set it to 4000 which I'm sure you know isn't practical. Anything lower than that then the recording becomes fuzzy. The weird thing is that in Pro Tools I can change the buffer size and its fine no matter what except for the lowest setting (I think its like 26 or something).

If anybody has any suggestions then please help!

James

Asus Crosshair III Motherboard
AMD Quad Core Phenom II 3.2ghz
4GB DDR3
Geforce 260 GTX
M-Box 2
Windows 7 Premium 64bit