View Single Post
Old 03-12-2018, 02:11 PM

Default Re: Question: Sierra or High Sierra for PTHD 2018.3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KV626 View Post
While I never really had any problem with El Capitan, Sierra is perfect. I installed High Sierra last fall when it came out and while it did work, there were a couple of annoying issues. I reinstalled Sierra 2 months later and that's were I'll stay until High Sierra's performance is either the same or better than Sierra. That's still not the case even now that's we're alsmot at 10.13.4. Maybe I'll end up skipping HS entirely and wait for the next release, assuming of course that it won't be yet another "iOS extension", with more useless, pointless "features" nobody really needs...
Don't forget that the next OS release cuts absolutely all 32 bit support without exception.. so if you have ANY mac app you need to use that is not 64 bit, forget it.

I need my SCalc app (studio calculator) which works even on sierra and i got it in leopard days.

Whatever I do i absolutely have to make sure it is before HS successor is released..

Was there any grief downgrading from HS to Sierra? Like did the recovery partition just get automatically overwritten with the correct sierra one and everything just worked?

I am still thinking of getting a 2013 mac pro and downgrading it to sierra...

I am pretty sure PT should work with sierra for quite some time yet..