View Single Post
Old 07-05-2016, 11:45 AM

Default Re: Plugins Not Visible

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustGotPaid View Post
If this is a known problem that has been discussed a lot here, hopefully there is a "fix" that won't require re-installing PT or anything else.

As much as I like running PT on a MacBook Pro, or any Apple, there are times when I wish I could find a good Windows laptop that would run PT as well as Apple does. I only do PT with an Apple, and therefore I don't keep on top of everything in the Apple world as I do with Windows.

What would you suggest I do first? Or is there a specific thread that you could refer me to?
It's a known problem and there are other issues as well. Pro Tools 10 is not supported on El Capitan, and Avid is not going to fix these issues. You can upgrade Pro Tools or roll back to an older OS X release. I hope you made a back-up before upgrading. El Capitan has enough issues that most folks should just not be upgrading to it at all.

Windows laptops are more of a crap-shoot than MacBook Pros, and I'd just go with a MacBook Pro. OTOH a custom build Windows PC is much appealing to me than say a overpriced and crippled Mac Pro.