View Single Post
Old 07-28-2017, 09:13 AM

Default Re: Oxford Dynamics and ICON mapping

I have the same problem with this plugin which is really unfortunate because it’s one of my main compressors. I'm also on a D-command using PT8 and PT 12.6

The best work around I’ve come up with is to map my most used parameters outside of the compressor to the channel rotary encoders. and setup the plug in default setting so that most parameters are set the way I want them.

For example on default I set the compressor and the SC-EQ to IN. I set the time constants in the limiter to roughly where I would want them (hopefully I won’t need to adjust them). I also roughly set the SC eq points and have the shelves enabled. My first page of the rotary encoders has the warmth in and the amount. and the litter in and the threshold. on the next 2 pages I have the SC EQ controls. After that I have the limiter controls. I don’t use the gate or expander. I much prefer the digi expander. It honestly seems like the gate and expander are broken in the newer version of this plugin.

It’s still not ideal but for the most part I can do what I want with it without having to look at the plugin window. It did take some getting used to how I mapped things