View Single Post
Old 01-30-2014, 10:19 AM

Default Cannot get data from Audio Interface Fast enough/buffer underflow error

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum so bear with me if I'm posting in the wrong section.

I've been having an issue with a fairly new piece of equipment I bought. The setup I have is a new Samsung Notebook with 8GB of RAM 1TB Hard drive running on an i7-core processor with Windows 8. Oh yeah and a new Mbox Mini 3rd gen and Pro Tools Express 10.

The issue I have is that when I'm recording I frequently get a "buffer underflow error" and I already have reduced my sample size down pretty low.
I've been monitoring my task manager to see if I'm running out of CPU power (which I shouldn't be because I know people with lower end laptops that have no issues) and it turned out it's only using like 3-5% cpu power and not much RAM.

I got an error a few time that said pro tools couldn't get audio from the interface quick enough and that I might have a fragmented harddrive or USB drivers........has anyone else had this issue? I feel like my computer should be able to go above and beyond pro tools's requests.

Idk if its any relation but I notice when I'm transferring files from my laptop to a USB drive (from what is supposed to be "high speed" USB 3.0 ports) the transfer rate starts at like 35-50Mb/s then drops to 2-3Mb/s.

Please help! It's very annoying having your recordings interrupted lol.
And thank you very much in advance to anyone who can!