View Single Post
Old 12-11-2013, 06:42 PM

Default Re: 003 Rack + 828 mkII via ADAT

"Now I am using SPDIF to send signals (the two with preamps on 828) and BNC cables to sync the interfaces. I've had to use CueMix to specify the bus. So I think there is a way to set up Adat outs."

Now I am confused. You never mentioned anything on SPDIF, or anything about BNC Wordclock cables. You need to describe EXACTLY what is connected, how it is connected and what settings exist for clocking on the 828 AND in your Pro Tools Setup Menu. For instance, if you are using the lightpipe as a 2 channel SPDIF connection somewhere, then it cannot work as 8 channel ADAT protocol. Also, if you have wordclock cables, then send WC OUT of the 003 to WC IN on the 828 and set the 828 to sync to WC(or external) as spelled out in the MOTU manual(I don't have an MOTU units here so I am not familiar with the deeper settings). Also, remember that in Pro Tools>Setup>hardware(I think) you can set the optical port(of the 003) to be EITHER SPDIF(2 channel) or ADAT(8 channel). Would love to come visit and help out(Italy is one of the most beautiful countries and its been way too long)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave