View Single Post
Old 11-02-2017, 06:31 PM

Default Re: Separate Studio LS, Cue and Talkback

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
There are many ways to make talkback happen, and most allow for NOT having the TB mic feeding control room speakers(as you mentioned...to avoid feedback). The important detail is to route the TB mic in a way that keeps it out of the main mix.
Albee1952, I do appreciate your suggestions. However, I want to clarify that the TB mic is not feeding the control room speakers, but the studio (live room) speakers...the "studio LS." I have plenty of ideas how to create my own setup, and thank you for the plugin suggestion. HOWEVER, what I'm trying to get to the bottom of is why, oh why, would they design the studio LS feed to contain the cue send, and not separate it from the ability to use the talkback to just feed the studio LS? It would make sense to me to have the TB feed the studio LS at all times, and have a switch to send either the cue or the main main mix, or neither to the studio LS.

The pro studio that I cut my teeth in had two large format consoles (a Neotek IIIc and a SSL 4048E/G+) and they both operated this way.