View Single Post
Old 05-13-2019, 09:35 AM

Default Re: The owner has deleted shared project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netmania View Post
Hi Marco,

as Avid themselves are stating in their known issues:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Projects and Collaboration

Disconnecting from the internet or closing a project during project synchronization can result in failed project synchronization. (PT-202643)

To prevent potential synchronization with projects, do not disrupt the project synchronization while it is in progress. Avoid disconnect- ing from the internet, turning off WiFi, shutting your laptop, or quitting Pro Tools | First during this time. To monitor the progress of project synchronization, choose Window > Task Manager.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And this Issue is not new - it can be found in Documentaries for several PT First Versions before. You will find the complete Issue Overview under Read Me First in your Account under Pro Tools Downloads.

That means, if my Mac - for whatever reason - decides to disconnect my Wifi (Also a very familiar issue under MacOs Mojave!!!) risk is very high that PT First deletes the session files for itself. Without anything i can do.

Best wishes

Mike
Hi All, I had this very issue on Sunday.

I'd been telling a friend about new features, and how it would help us being able to collaborate on his recordings.

I'd imported some of my his audio tracks, when a short lived power cut turned off the router and when I came back to the project, it had vanished from the PC!

I checked on YouTube, and someone had very recently posted a video about this issue.

I really can't believe that this is not a bug! How can it be acceptable that losing work through a loss of internet is not a major issue!

I may have to reconsider recommending Pro Tools First to my friend.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk