View Single Post
Old 06-05-2017, 04:54 AM

Default Re: Setting level using S/PDIF input ?

Hi,
Many thanks for your reply.
Firstly I have to confess to being somewhat of a Homer when it comes to all things computer related as I seem to have problems with any technical learning. So, getting that out of the way. The only option on my Korg is to turn the S/PDIF on or off. The master volume doesn't affect the output, though the sequencer volume does and I have it all the way up. The signal on the monitor mixer page of the Delta 1010 looks fine. The only fader on the Delta 1010 monitor mixer page that affects the signal is the H/W In S/PDIF and having the All outputs set to +4dBu which boosts it a little.
When I go to the mixer page on Pro Tools however, a signal that I would expect to push the green all the way up to the red only manages to push the green about a quarter of the way up. If I was recording the same thing using inputs 1&2 on my 1010lt from the main outputs of the korg instead of S/PDIF , I would aim to set the level to light up all the green most of the time, especially if I was recording a sequence consisting of drums , bass, etc.
Yes, my meters are in pre fade. So, are the levels I am seeing usual for using the S/PDIF input , or is something still not right ? I must admit it's things like this that put me off trying to use all this tech. Maybe I should forget about trying to use S/PDIF and just stick to using 2 jack leads from outputs 1&2 of the korg. I just thought I'd get a better, clearer signal using S/PDIF.
Thanks again, Mark.