View Single Post
Old 02-27-2014, 07:45 AM

Default Re: All you experts, please help me !

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaone View Post
Which is exactly what I suggested you do. Try it out yourself to find out. Load a project that you've been working with on your HDX system onto an external hard drive. Grab your iLok, with your licenses, and load the project on a native system. All the plug-ins that were in AAX DSP form will automatically be set to AAX Native on the native system. Compare and contrast. This will give you a rough idea of what kind of system usage you can expect to encounter when using that native system.

That's a good idea.
mesa:
producerdna didn't write that; I did in a previous post and he didn't use the proper quote feature. It's not like he got some insight out of the blue. And like has been said he has both systems and is asking the question? About the only thing I can see that would be new is he's asking about PT11 for his new system. He should be able to run PT11 on his existing systems assuming his plugins are aax64 compatible. He also has never said what plugins he's running that are dsp enabled. He uses Waves and as we know they're not HDX plugs and I don't think Slate has HDX plug. Not sure about Massey and Soundtoys though.

QAPLA!