View Single Post
Old 06-10-2009, 02:32 AM

Cool Re: Mac Mixes!!!!!!!!

Airlift

This is a little chillin' track that was created using sounds from the Air Users Blog. (Except for the reverse cymbals that come from my own secret stash of really cool guy samples. LOL).

I wanted to see how much I could get away with using one instance each of Digidesign's Structure and Transfuser, in Pro Tools of course. PT8 actually.

Within Structure, I used these 8 patches from the Air Users Blog:

Virus Piano Pad-The main riffiage.

Urban Dance Kit-The kick and snare that run through the song.

Orchestral Percussion-For a couple of transitionary cymbal rolls.

Akai MPC60 Hi Hats-The hi-hats that accompany the kick and snare from the Urban Dance Kit.

It's A Sin Strings-These play a kind of counter accent to the main rif[bleep][bleep][bleep]e from the Virus Piano Pad.

Scritti FM Piano-Plays a descending melody line near the end of the track, mixed a bit back.

Triton Marcato + Chamber Strings-This is actually two Air User Blog Patches that I layered into one patch.

Cymbals-I used these instead of the one's from my secret stash as I wanted to stay as only Air Users Blog sounds as I could.

In Transfuser these sample sets and loops:

AIR_Loop_36-This is the main loop, although 4 variations were used based on the original loop. I changed up some of the slices of kicks and such to better follow the changes and movements within the main riffiage from the Virus Piano Pad.

Hybrid Filter Arp 3-I used only the first bar of this loop, with a variation for the ending notes. I played the pitch of the loop, as in what starting note, by assigning it it's own MIDI channel as in the AIR_Loop_36. I used Filter and Delay as inserts in Transfuser to further process the sound.

Def Drums-Loaded some samples from Nexus Drum Singles to create a drum kit with a bit of percussion at the end of the track, an additional snare in the middle, a doom kick thru-out and a snare fill and door slam towards the end of the track.

Hybrid Bass Arp Seq-I loaded this as a Phrase Sequencer as opposed to a REX Loop/Slice Sequencer as I wanted to use the first note of the loop to MIDI sequence a steady bass line. I used Tape Delay, Filter and Lo-Fi as inserts in Transfuser to further process the sound.

Airlift was mixed and mastered using Digi EQIII, Maxim, DDL, TL Space, BombFactory BF-2A, EQP-1A, Fairchild 660, and T-Racks EQ.

Thanks.

It is what it is...

ScrewMakerMusic