View Single Post
Old 03-25-2014, 07:25 AM

Default Re: Absurd and arbitrary HDX fan noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh-H View Post
Hello Brandon,

We have a fleet of broadcast television trucks, the best in the business. As noted above the noise producing gear is moved out of the audio room, items such as the audio router, the desk electronics, the DAs, etc. However the workstations need to be in the audio room for the operators' convenience, we're quite familiar with kvms and iso boxes. An iso box is not an option in a broadcast truck.

Fans do not come on because they need to, fans come on because firmware programmed by a human has a set of conditions that turns the fan on. As I mentioned, in the case of hdx it's not temperature, we've proven that each individual component on the card is not elevated in temperature. In other words it's human error that needs to be corrected.

Hugh
Explain to me why you can't rack your mac in a iso rack. I know you aren't just setting the mac on the floor. So you have a rack in there with the computer in it. Why can't you just switch the rack out of an iso rack? Yes the fans on the cards are too loud but hd hardware has been loud for years. I had a magma that housed my hd 4 system that was crazy loud. I had to put it into an iso rack.
Custom Build CPU, HDX 1, Omni, 192 I/O Digital
S6 M10 24 fader
Satellite Mac Pro, HDNative, 192 I/0
Black Magic HD Extreme