View Single Post
Old 06-18-2018, 04:22 PM

Default Re: Another AAE 6101 CPU Overload Error Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bom619 View Post
I am on a 12 core 2010 mac pro and have been chasing this exact issue for a while now. For me, I can have pro tools running with no session loaded and my CPU load will go from zero to red line at random intervals. This computer geek-benches at over 24k so I should have plenty of available juice. Something changed midway through the Pro Tools 12 revisions and I now have to disable hyper threading in order to record anything. So far, everything points to Avid. Doesn't matter what sampling rate, converter, drivers, mac OS version, hard drive, GPU, or computer (we have 3 similar boxes in house i can use to alternate hardware). Nothing fixes it other than dumbing down the CPU by disabling hyper threading. Avid support took me down a rabbit hole of audio interface bingo that made no difference and then they basically closed the case when they ran out of ideas.

I just got a couple new SSD's from amazon that will allow me to do some fresh experiments. I have threads here and gear slutz that document the issues and the things I have tried to get my DSP back. Other than lowering expectations of what you can do with your computer, no one has found a real solution.
I don't get spikes to the red or core spikes. I did get this before though and it threw a -9173 error. I resolved this by completely ditching Native Instruments. I had my libraries on an external disk and made sure my core distribution was set per NI, but still had spikes on the 4th core. If you have NI, ditch it. LOL. I'm thinking of selling my Komplete Package but putting it in the Avid Marketplace would be a dick move haha.