View Single Post
Old 02-24-2017, 04:46 PM

Default No sound from HD Omni after an extended period of not playing sound.

I'm on a 2016 TouchBar MacBook Pro with an HD Omni running through an HD Native into a Thunderbolt 2 Hub then out of the TB2 hub to a TB2 to TB3 adapter. For whatever reason after not playing sound from an extended period of time the HD Omni stops sending sound when selected as the system output. Sometimes if I unplug it and replug it it'll work, sometimes it won't and I'll have to restart everything. Sometimes if I alternate between Internal Speakers and HD Native for a few times it'll start working again, but sometimes it won't. It's very random.

Here's the thing. When the HD Native is selected as the system sound output and it's not playing any sound, the applications won't work either. For example, if I select HD Native and try to play a song through iTunes, the song simply won't play. Likewise if it's a YouTube video the video will stop. So it's not just the sounds.

Or say the last time it was working was at 9am. If I come back at 6pm there will be no sound but if I switch the system sound output to internal speakers all the system sounds that happened since the HD Native stopped working all plays at once, like the HD Native held them hostage and they've all just escaped.

I'm at a complete loss. Has anyone else experienced this?
Avid Artist Transport | Genelec 8351b Monitors | Genelec 7360A Subwoofer x2 | Slate Digital VMS Virtual Microphone