View Single Post
Old 10-10-2010, 10:14 AM

Default Re: Motif Es 7 to work as a midi controller In Pro Tools

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexablcknesekid View Post
Yes it does show up,it shows up as a keyboard & as another device that shows ports. I route the motif on audio midi setup to the mbox in & out & also to the motif port 1 in & out(this is the same way I had it before me reseting my whole os.

Sorry for not specifying, I use pro tools in rewire.

I can't record midi what so ever. 1 way I figure its a midi problem is because I can't record midi & also when I go into reason & search for my keyboard by pressing a key it does not work nothing shows up.
You do not route the motif to anything in Audio Midi Setup. When you connect things with virtual "cables" in AMS, they are supposed to represent actual cables in the hardware world. You're not connecting the Motif to the Mbox with real MIDI cables, right? You can test things in AMS by turning on "Test Studio". If you click on things, like the motif, it should cause them to play some random notes. if you play some notes on the motif, it should cause the mac to make some noises and the ports being used will light up.

Since it shows up in AMS, that's all it needs. You just need to figure out which ports you are connecting within ProTools. The easiest way to work is to just leave your MIDI inputs in ProTools set to "All".

The other thing is that Reason can specify a "master keyboard" or something like that. If I remember correctly, you need to turn that off. When you are using Reason rewired with ProTools, you are sending MIDI through ProTools to Reason. So you don't want to confuse things by trying to send MIDI directly into Reason. (At least that's how I understand it) You should also be recording the MIDI in ProTools also..