View Single Post
Old 07-21-2016, 10:59 AM

Default Re: will ProTools 9 work with Digi 002 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertosoong View Post
Likely you got ripped off. The software has either been activated or came on a pre-activated iLok and they are selling you useless discs and a few bits of worthless paper. You don't ever need the discs since you can download all the version 9 software from Avid's web site. If you think you have enough stuff there to register and activate an license then go do it,... You don't even need an iLok to test just an iLok.com account, register/activate it and just get the license deposited in that account. I'll betcha that won't work... go ask for your money back and/or report the seller to EBay.

Quote:
being told at guitar center they have a ilok i can purchase 50$ that has the licenses and registration info for protools 9 that i can use for the system I'm building.
That is likely not true/I would be very surprised, an iLok 2 costs about $50 with no licenses on it. They most likely are selling you a blank iLok 2 and you need to install a license on it. Which you likely cannot do since the Pro Tools 9 you purchased was already activated to a different iLok. The person you are dealing with may be totally clueless and/or you both may be misunderstanding what the other is saying/asking. You are going to entirely the wrong place for useful help. If you want sales folks that have a clue try Sweetwater.

Joel is already helping you With advice.