View Single Post
Old 08-31-2018, 09:43 AM

Default Re: MB Comp / DynEq on Chug Guitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam79 View Post
I'm not too knowledgeable when it comes to MB Comps, but don't they compress a (user set) range of frequencies simultaneously? Like if you set the first crossover to 200 Hz and the second to 750 Hz, the MB will compress everything inbetween those two freqs, ya?
Yes.
Keep in mind that multiband comps and dynamic eq's are two completely different things. There's been much bits spilled here on that subject. I have multiple version of each type of plugin so I know what's what. Dynamic eq allows you to specify a q factor and multiband comps don't. A multiband comp will more or less treat the pertinent band flatly bound by whatever crossover slope is used on each end of the band. I have C6 and it's pretty good and you're mistaken that it affects the signal when bypassed. I also have the FabFilter Pro MB and while expensive and a tricky beast to tame it's worth the effort. For dynamic eq I use the HOFA IQ-EQ which can work in both dynamic eq as well as regular eq and as a bonus work as a regular compressor. Again not cheap but worth it.

QAPLA!