Thread: Huge adc bug!??
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2011, 07:20 AM

Default Re: Huge adc bug!??

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantastic machine View Post
yes, i understand that it is not a simple question of greed vs. integrity, and i'm sure there are some people at digi/avid who are really trying hard to make this software something to be proud of, and aren't satisfied with shoddy programming or design. And I already had in mind the reality - if Logic smokes PT then we'll all have a problem, because, as you point out, low sales equals little money to hire developers, etc., and then nothing gets fixed.

Getting back to the midi bug- I hope in the future, avid can take more notice of a problem like this, which affected basically every HD user, much more seriously. I know I would prefer being able to record MIDI properly to having adjustable color brightness on my tracks, or even to having the second set of sends and auxes, which i'm sure took some time to work out. All of this to say, the features are nice, but I am sure most professional users would be willing to miss out on christmas, so to speak, so they could have the basic stuff working.

Also, a bug list, and what is planned for each item, would be a great way to save people time hunting down issues in their system. That is probably another "sales killer" that can't be implemented, but one can dream.
I've just learned that it pays to read as much as you can on here before you buy a protools system. I can see why you'd be mad, this is some pretty expensive kit!
Unless I'm missing something, if you bought protools 8 and you had a PPC mac, you are out of luck regarding the midi fix?
I don't see the midi fix in the last update, 8.01 cs2.
So if you've got a PPC setup you're going to have to upgrade your Mac and either get a magma chassis or sell your pci cards and buy pcie cards for the midi fix?
I wish I'd read this thread before buying my pci cards last fall!
Oh well, I can run 9 on my laptop.