View Single Post
Old 07-09-2019, 08:58 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools vs Reaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by amagras View Post
I've used Reaper. For me the work I'd have to put on the migration to another DAW does not justify the benefits (put on top that there are always disadvantages too). Maybe for someone who's starting it doesn't matter as much but I've been using PT for over 10 years.
I love Cakewalk and even though many of the basic key commands are as close as replacing ctrl for alt and things like that it takes me hours to do what in PT I can do with my eyes closed in minutes.

I have to agree with Andrei here. I have PT, Reaper and Reason. But I mainly use Reason for its rack instruments, not as a DAW, and Reaper I used mainly to host VSTs that didn't have AAX versions. Until Blue Cat Audio's Patchwork came along. Now, I barely open Reaper.

Having invested well over 12 years into PT, starting with PT 6.8, I see no advantage to going into a steep learning curve with some other DAW, even one as intuitive as Reaper. If I need Reaper for some special case, it sits nicely via Rewire with PT.

Now, for someone just starting out, Reaper is a good alternative to PT, but so are several other DAWs. However, there is a reason why PT remains the DAW of choice for most pro studios and applications.