View Single Post
Old 10-04-2019, 07:47 PM

Default Re: firewire connection to USB? Or Other?

Here's the configuration of the model I'm looking at. No detail about the Pci-e slots though and it's been like pulling teeth from Dell to get info. But I think I have figured out that the machine will have one Pci-e x 4 slot if I don't use the Thunderbolt network card. I have a AUD 2 Solo that needs to go into that slot which then leaves me having to look at a new interface, one that might run through USB 3 perhaps.

Or, I'm also gonna look into having a machine custom built. The Thunderbolt would be nice over the next 5-8 yr period

Processor9th Gen IntelŽ Core™ i9 9900 (8-Core, 16MB Cache, up to 5GHz with IntelŽ Turbo Boost Technology)Operating SystemWindows 10 Home 64bit EnglishVideo CardNVIDIAŽ GeForce RTX™ 2070 8GB GDDR6Chassis Options850 Watt Power Supply [80 Plus Gold Efficiency]Memory32GB DDR4 at 2666MHz; up to 64GB (Additional memory sold separately)Hard Drive512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA HDD (Storage)Wireless802.11ac + Bluetooth 4.2, Dual Band 2.4&5 GHz, 1x1Additional Network CardsThunderbolt 3 PCIe Network and IO CardCD ROM/DVD ROMTray Load DVD-RW Drive (Reads and Writes to DVD/CD)XPS 8930XPS 8930 BaseKeyboardBlack Dell KB216 Wired Multi-Media Keyboard (English)MonitorIf accessories are purchased, they may ship separatelyDriverDW1810 driverMouse6 Button Laser MouseSoundIntegrated 5.1 with WAVE MAXX AudioŽ ProSpeakersNo speakers (Speakers are required to hear audio from your system)CableUS Power CordDocumentation/DisksSafety/Environment and Regulatory Guide (English/French Multi-language)Systems ManagementWindows System driver, XPS 8930