View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 02:35 PM

Default Re: Ilok driver problem with PT9

Quote:
Originally Posted by spkguitar View Post
If that really were the case, wouldn't everybody be having problems with them?

Here's one thing to note, the new pace drivers necessary to run Pro Tools 9 are installed with Pro Tools 9.[/LIST]
I think you're right spkguitar. That would explain why it worked after I installed PT9 and I can't get the working drivers back even though it worked partialy.
Which meant the ilok drivers you download from ilok.com don't work. they will install their 64 bits drivers which don't work. PT9 is installing a 32 bits version of the drivers which work with some errors though (posted in another thread).
I'm pretty sure now that reinstalling PT9 would fix the problem. Your help is much appreciated don't get me wrong.

However this is not right that we have to reinstall everything every time a driver farts.
Personaly I'm having too much fun back in cubase now to be bothered with this reinstallation burden. I've done it way too many times now in only 1 month of PT ownership.
It seams that for any possible problem with PT there's only one common solution. Clean reinstall. If you also bought the PTIEP then you can kiss making music good bye and keep reinstalling.