View Single Post
Old 08-21-2006, 02:11 AM

Default Re: control24 blocked with all leds in on status help

Here's a post of mine from a few months ago,

Hopefully Ive got to the bottom of all these annoying intermittent problems, recently I experienced the all lit up problem which I reported in another thread, this was cured by reseating the P48 connector on the PSU, shortly after that we lost phantom power, the studio had some downtime so I was able to do some exploring, I checked the PSU and was relatively surprised to find a stable phantom supply, checked the pres and no phantom was present, to cut a long story short the lead from the PSU to the pres was goosed, I've built and fitted a new one which so far is working OK. On the helicopter rumble front I checked the output of the phantom from the PSU with a scope it showed up a lot of hf noise at around 700mV, plenty to cause upset to a mic, once the new lead was installed and terminated onto the pres this virtually disappeared, so Im guessing that this is also down to the dodgy lead, let me know if this helps anyone out there experiencing similar probllems, some comment from Digi on this would be appreciated as it is a problem that seems to affect just about everyone with a C24

Still no problems with the c24, I'm guessing that the original P48 lead had cracked insulation as well as shoddy connectors,