View Single Post
Old 11-16-2010, 01:23 PM

Default PT 9 slow startup!!

-I'm sorry this is a copy of my post in pt LE Win forum, but it fits better here.

Ok guys! I love that there is always something bugging me about this DAW Protools. :) Now that I have updated to v9 I was wishing that the load time would be significantly reduced. And it has not been. For me this is one of the reasons why I fire up Ableton instead of Protools everytime I need to get something done quick. But then there are scenarios where I need to use it and also sometimes it just makes more sense in pure recording sessions and such. But for me this IS one of the MOST IMPORTANT ISSUES. I need it to start quickly when a client is waiting for a "quick" fix.

I am seeing the same things as alot of you guys. On first boot(of PT9), It is sloooooooooooooooooooooooow, I mean like 4-5min. If I then close and reopen PT, it opens in 30 sec-1min. I do have a lot of plugins, and wrapped vst's. But don't come here blaming that, because it's just got to work, that is avids job, make it work. I have virtually the same plugins in Ableton live except the obvious, digi "AIR" plugins, and guess what the load time is there? IT's 8-10 sec. So I'm thinking is it the Air plugs? OR is there something realy bad about how PT finds its plugins.

So...

Avid, please look at this!

my specs:
ADK 1QAR - i7 620
4Gb ram