View Single Post
Old 11-26-2017, 03:41 PM

Default Re: AAE-9173 - Ran Out Of CPU Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by treason View Post
I have a 2012 MacPro w/2x 512 Apple SSDs (boot and Samples), and 6 WD 6TB Black Caviars on eSATA (connected via PCIe cards) and a FW800 1TB Caviar for DropBox.

I have ALWAYS disabled spin down on all drives (a habit started since the TDM days of PT). For me this is enabled explicitly in my eSATA PCIe card config, and I have also disabled the PUT HARD DRIVES TO SLEEP WHEN POSSIBLE in the Energy Saver Control Panel.

I am the HDX test contributor who passed the OP test - FYI.

If there is a drive issue here in the system where the drive ping utility seems to fix things it is very likely it is associated with external USB drives (or possibly internal RAID card) in the posters system. External USB (and some RAID setups) may not obey any “do not spin down” settings in the OS. That is exactly/the only thing what the disk utility being used was written to work around. Normal eSATA drives like you have should obey those OS settings.

There undoubtably are/already have been multiple separate issues that cause these CPU errors. It would be great to see if other folks find the disk ping utility helps them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk