View Single Post
Old 01-21-2014, 05:49 AM

Default Re: Problem with Issues and Issues with Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by louieshowers View Post
Guitardom,

You are a logical guy. I appreciate this post. I am also a logical guy. My issue and allen_gibberish's (I assume) is the notion that when people come on here and voice frustration about a product that has essentially been in beta testing mode for upwards of ten years, there are a few users here who act like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05NWJ2p4jhQ and this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfKL6RM8hsY

I have made it a conscious effort to STIFLE this behavior on here in an attempt to counteract the other stifling. Make sense? The product speaks for itself. The fact that certain people are noticing a product that has not delivered as a whole, and are speaking out makes them stupid? I beg to differ. What is stupid is a company who refuses to adequately develop an amazing CONCEPT (AKA PROTOOLS). It is still a concept and not a reality. I would love to use a fully functioning Protools. Not one that I am hitting ctrl+s on every 30 seconds because of my lack of faith in it. Not one that crashes when I use an advertised feature (elastic audio). Not one that has a GUI freeze for 6 months (during which time, certain "experts" stifled and belittled those reporting the issue). So, having said that, I understand that the easiest thing to do would be to call me a lunatic/loudmouth (in so many words) and minimize my voice (allen_gibberish's ) with snarky remarks etc... but THE PRODUCT SPEAKS FOR ITSELF. Just ASK AROUND. I did not create the international reputation that exists in said product and company.
Granted you did not create the international reputation that exists for PT but you have to realize that there are people every day who make a living using PT and who don't have problems. So it is fully functional; one just needs to have a modicum of technical ability and the temperament to go with that.

No one stifles anyone around here. Rather what happens here is people come on asking for help, are given the help they need, don't or won't follow the help they were given (and still have the same problems), come back with a 'tude, blame everyone but themselves, and cop an even worse attitude when they are told if they had followed the advice given that may well have solved their problems. And the cycle worsens because the original person with the problem sees nothing wrong with the way they are working or their system and refuses to acknowledge that. And they blame everyone but themselves for their problems.

QAPLA!