View Single Post
Old 10-18-2017, 08:07 AM

Default Need Help with AIR Structure - Creating a patch from imported samples

I hope someone here with experience using Structure to import samples to create patches can help me with this. Several times I've created patches by importing samples from a sample source, assigned them easily across the keyboard, did whatever edits, even created multiple parts with the same sample to add depth and so forth. No problems.

THIS time, however, I'm running into all sorts of issues that I can't fathom.

1. In the past, I've been able to simply drag my samples from the Windows explorer directly into Structure. This time, the only way I was able to get the samples was to use the browser inside Structure. I've NEVER had to do that before.
2. After I got the part loaded, I needed to go into each sample's wave form and set loop points. No issue. Then I saved the entire patch. No problem. But then....
3. I wanted to copy the part a couple of times in order to add some depth to the overall patch. But I can't see any way to do that. When I try to copy and paste the part, it tells me the samples are missing and they're all in red on the copied part (not the original Part 1). A screen pops up asking me to select the root directory where the samples are stored. So I select it...I can see all the samples right there! No go. It's like Structure doesn't even see them! I've tried with both Recursive search ON and OFF. No joy.
4. I tried to re-save the patch, after making some tweaks on part 1. Then I get a pop up message me telling me I can't save it because I may not be authorized. Huh? I mean what the hell?

I'm not trying to do anything I haven't done a hundred times prior. And I can't figure out what's going on.

I'm using Structure 2.0 in PT 12.8, on Win-10. Anyone?