View Single Post
Old 10-28-2004, 11:13 AM

Default Re: 6.7 upgrade policy

just sent the following

Dear Digidesign:
I purchased my Digi002R on 9/21/2004 and therefore am not qualified for the free upgrade for 6.7 (by 4 days). I have been a loyal Protool user for almost a year now with my Mbox and have always thought very highly of your company. However, forcing customers who bought your products only ONE MONTH prior to this new release to pay $75 for an upgrade is unreasonable, especially since there was no prior warning of this release or upgrade policy.
Your customers have paid more money for your hardware interfaces compared to the numerous affordable quality interfaces/softwares alternatives on the market, because they believe the Pro Tools platform is the best. After this sizeable investment, the hardware forces users to continue using your software. It is unfair to extort more money from these customers for simple upgrades, without at least a more reasonable grace period.
There are many alternatives in both the professional and home recording market besides Digidesign, I hope this letter along with the numerous other you will be receiving will serve to remind you of that.
Sincerely,
Michael Li