View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 05:40 AM

Default Re: When I reopen it only shows 4 tracks. 4 consecutive songs now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Denton View Post
You don't want to do a "Save as..." because you are then working on a totally different session.

Say you create a new project named "Project 1". If you look at the top of the Edit or Mix window it will say "Project 1". Add four tracks (of any type).

Save the project, then do a "Save as..." and name it "Project 1a". Look at the top of the Edit or Mix window it will say "Project 1a". Add three more tracks (of any type).

Save the project and close it.

Open "Project 1" and you will see that it only contains the four tracks you originally added.

Open "Project 1a" and you will see that it contains the four tracks you originally added to "Project 1" plus the three tracks you added after you saved your project as "Project 1a".

And I can only reiterate what everyone else has told you...RTFM...
Actually I like 'save as' because it's working on a new session. Oftentimes I'll not be happy with what I've done in the 'new' session and just scrap it and go back to the session that acted as the root and start anew.

'Save as' also allows one to work with different versions of the same basic session and then you can go back and compare them. Then again I know the difference between the various save options which apparently the OP is still learning.

I'm all for helping people when I can but sometimes I just wonder about those that come asking here.........

QAPLA!